Thursday, April 5, 2012

Key Lime Curd Brownie Mini dessert

Still undecided of something different to serve for Easter? Keep reading! 

I love spring and all the bright colors we are beginning to see.  We have many options for baking and cooking with all the beautiful fruits and veggies that are growing!   When I have an idea for cooking or baking to bring certain things together I refer to the infamous The Flavor Bible, to be sure it is something that will work. If you like to cook or bake creatively, The Flavor Bible is certainly one that you should have in your kitchen! More on the book later.  


Last week I made batches of lemon & key lime curd, I wanted to be creative with the key lime curd and flavors of coconut and chocolate to make a scrumptious mini dessert.  I got out my flavor bible and was able to come up with this~

Brownie topped with key lime curd, caramelized strawberries, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts!

It is delightful I must say, perfect for spring!  

Here’s how to make this scrumptious dessert~

Prepare a batch of Key Lime Curd
Bake brownies I use Duncan Hines chewy fudge mix, let them cool.
Depending on the amount of mini desserts you are preparing, slice desired amount of strawberries.  Place the sliced strawberries in a bowl, sprinkle and lightly cover the strawberries with light brown sugar.  Let them sit for about 20 minutes and place them into a sauté pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring when needed. (see below)

While doing the strawberries, toast your coconut & nuts in a 350 oven for 5 minutes. 
Have a fresh whipped a bowl of fresh whipped cream ready for topping.

To assemble (pictures below)~

1st layer is brownie circle.  I cut the brownies while in the pan using my serving cup.
Spoon key lime curd on top of the brownie

Top with the warm strawberries
Sprinkle with toasted coconut
A dap of whipped cream
Finish it of with toasted macadamia nuts





 I love my tasting party glasses with spoons from Pier 1.  I use them all the time to serve the perfect amount of dessert.  This actual dessert is a must try I promise!  You can taste every flavor in the dish, the warmth of the strawberries enhances the dish!


 The only thing this dessert is missing is a name~ what do you think?  Let me know!

Peace, Love & Key Lime Curd Brownie dessert~




No comments:

Post a Comment