Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving is so close!

What 1 1/2 weeks away!?  That was my panic this weekend!  Why panic??  I am hosting my 1st Thanksgiving in our home this year!!  For the last 8 years I have hosted Christmas, I have Christmas decor & entertaining pieces galore! But for Thanksgiving not so much......this is basically all I have...LOL
Photobucket
Photobucket

So WHAT IS a girl to do??  Run out an by a whole bunch of things to decorate for Thanksgiving again not so much.....I have to already buy a few things that I need for actually preparing and serving my fancy turkey feast!!  Bring the CRAFT ON I said to myself!  This past weekend I shopped my storage closet and found a few things like the fall color candle tray/plate some glass hurricane containers & a bag of pine cones from last year.  I also with the weather being so nice took my girls out in the back for a pine cone hunt so I could get some use out of them and filler where ever I would need it.
As I was putting things together, I remembered seeing a photo on the Martha Stewart website in which she used mini pumpkins to make a candle holder.  I loved the idea!  But I wanted to incorporate some flowers into my arrangement I was creating.  Then it dawned on me!  I'll do something similar but make a vase with my mini pumpkins that I had left over from Halloween!

This is my finished arrangement of what I came up with to be in my living room~
Photobucket
So pretty & crafty right?

Here is what you need to do.....

Take 3 pumpkins and stack them to be sure that they will sit on top of each other....Hollow out the your top pumkin and cut 2 squares of foral foam to stick in the pumpkin.  Wet the foam with water before inserting. See photos below~

Photobucket
Photobucket
Time till the pumpkin with flowers,  I used store bought flowers & cut 10 flowers with about 2-2 1/2 inch long stem. Then arrange them into the pumpkin. Stack the pumkins up with the flowers on top & there you have a Martha Stewart inspired mini pumpkin vase!! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Do you like the cylinder filled with nuts & pine cones with the burlap & ribbon?  Come back tomorrow to see the whole set up with another quick how to and my "Grateful & Blessed" DIY banner I created! 

Peace, Love & mini pumpkins floral vase,


Stacy








2 comments:

  1. Think it looks great & I LOVE the nuts & pine cones with the burlap & ribbon, my fav piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! Me too :)! I actually did the burlap and ribbons around all my candles & vases...

    ReplyDelete