Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!!

My family & I celebrated and sang Happy Birthday to our country with a lunch today before we go to a BBQ at my Aunt's then off to fireworks tonight!  Wish I would have been able to post somethings soon but my computer had a bad bug get into it!  Better late then never........ Here we go!!

I picked up the fans to keep cool at Joanne's and the visors & foam stickers all at Micheal's, the girls really enjoyed putting them together.  Both certainly came in handy at lunch with the 95 degree heat, but we stayed in the shade and brought on the breezes with our patriotic fans!














Now onto our lunch!  We had hotdogs with caramelized onions, fries & watermelon that we scooped with an ice cream scooper, placed in a patriotic cupcake liner & put then in the freezer for a bit~ perfect to keep us cool! 
I had wrapped the utensils in red, white & blue napkins and tied them with cute cupcake & peace sign red, white & blue ribbons.  I also had some lolli pop sticks that I stuck a felt star on and added to the roll-up...the girls loved them!


I hung some red, white & blue stars from the umbrella with an Uncle Sam hat!








Most importantly of course DESSERT!  My scrumptious lemon drop cupcake with Jersey Fresh blueberry buttercream and a red white & blue fondant topper that I made! So Happy Birthday USA & I hope you all have a blessed and safe holiday with your family & friends!  Peace, Love & USA! 

1 comment: